My very flexible Bucket List:
- Go for a Hot Air Balloon ride
- Take dancing lessons
- Learn to identify poisonous and edible plants in the wild
- Learn to identify mushrooms in the wild.
- Go dog sledding
- Go to a Jazz Festival in a big city
- travel to India and the Himalayas
- See a polar bear in the wild.
- Sleep in a yurt.
Learn to cross-country ski.not going to happen at my age now
- Learn to Juggle. (a work in progress, but not looking good.)
- Visit San Francisco and ride the cable car
- Repel down a very high cliff
- Travel to Asia
- Go on a meditation retreat
- Learn to recognize 10 constellations.
- Dip my toe in the Arctic Ocean.
- Visit all 50 American States (been to 28)
- Travel the Oregon Coast
- Go bird-watching at the Reifel Sanctuary during the fall or spring migration
- Learn to speak Spanish
- Take a cruise on the Amazon River
Visit ChileCompleted April 2020 on the ill-fated Covid Cruise from hell Go to an OperaCompleted Dec. 2019 La Boheme
- Travel to Europe
- Visit Iceland
The Clock is ticking, I need seriously work at getting things done.
I have had a bucket list for more years than I can count. these are some of the things I have slowly checked off my Bucket list:
Travel to Africa and go on a safariCompleted Nov 2003 Africa photos Stand on the EquatorCompleted Dec 2003 go rock climbing. Complete in 2011 see photos here RetireFinally Dec 1 2010 See the Grand canyonJune 2011 Volunteer at a food bank or soup kitchenCompleted Sept 2012
ake art lessons– completed Sept 2013 and ongoing See some of my art here Go para-sailingCompleted Feb 2014 walk a half marathon race…. Completed May 2009 Travel to Newfoundland– Completed July 2015 Newfoundland photos Go White Water Rafting… completed Sep 1, 2012 go zip-liningcompleted in Panama in 2001 Stand on the Arctic CircleComplete Aug 2011 Fly in a 2 seater planeDone 1998 Climb on the highest peak in the Rocky Mountains, Mt Robson. completedAug 2011 Travel to the ArcticAug 2011 learn to sail– Completed in the 70’s take Skiing lessonsCompleted at age 26 Visit all 10 Canadian Provincescompleted July 2015 Go to at least 25 Zumba classesCompleted March 2015 Ride in a helicopterSep 2011 Learn to knit –completed sort of.. but Hated it.. Oct. 2013 Eat a healthy and balanced diet.(Work in progress) Go skinny-dipping in the moonlight.Completed July 25/16 (my Birthday) Go to the SymphonyNanaimo Symphony in 2018 Hike at least 5km 3 times per week. (started in 2012 and still doing it.) Hike the West Coast TrailHiked on part of the trail June 2018 sadly, too old to do the whole thing. Go ParaglidingCompleted May 4, 2017 Loved it!! Fly a plane (take a flying lesson).Completed July 30, 2016 (Thank you David) Join an organization with a humanitarian causeOct 2017 Joined Altrusa International. Organize all my old photos (a large box full) into albums.Dec 2018 Photograph an owl in the wild.Summer 2018 several times Win a photography competitionJune 2018 For a Black and White Portrait Fly in a float Plane CompletedJuly 25 2018 (Thank you David)