I have had a bucket list since I was young. I am not sure if it is Punishment to share it or an incentive to go for it, to make it happen. I am hoping the latter is true. There are often obstacles to overcome to get where we want to be. It is not always easy to “just go for it”.
There are a lot of things I have done in my life, many were from my bucket list. (You can see some of the things I have completed from my bucket list here.)
Today, I am very happy, content and satisfied. Life is good. It matters not if any of these items are checked off (well # 2 and 6 are important, # 19 is driving me crazy and I am going to drive my partner crazy if I don’t complete #39).
Having an opportunity to do a few of the following things will be the Cherry On Top of a great new life with a wonderful man.
- Go for a Hot Air Balloon ride
- Eat a healthy and balanced diet. (Work in progress)
Go skinny-dipping in the moonlight. Completed July 25 2016 on my Birthday.
- Go to the Symphony
- Go to an Opera
- Hike at least 5km 3 times per week. (started in 2012 and still doing it.)
- Go dog sledding
- Ride a Segway
- Go to a Jazz Festival in a big city
- Take a cruise on the Amazon River
- Explore Chile
- Take dancing lessons
- Hike the Bruce Trail
- travel to India and the Himalayas
- See a polar bear in the wild.
- Win a photography competition
- Sleep in a yurt.
- Learn to cross-country ski.
- Learn to Juggle. (a work in progress, but not looking good.)
- Visit San Francisco and ride the cable car
- Repel down a very high cliff ———>
- Go hang-gliding
- Travel to Asia
- Eat in a sidewalk cafe in Paris
- Go on a meditation retreat
- Get my Scuba Diving license
- Fly first class
- Learn to recognize 10 constellations.
- Dip my toe in the Arctic Ocean.
- Visit all 50 American States (been to 28)
- Travel the Oregon Coast
- Fly a plane (take a flying lesson).
- Go to the Olympics
- Go bird-watching at Point Pelee park during the fall or spring migration
- Win a writing contest
- Learn to identify poisonous and edible plants in the wild
- Join an organization with a humanitarian cause
- Organize all my old photos (a large box full) into albums.
- Photograph an owl in the wild.
- Learn to identify mushrooms in the wild.
What about you? are there things you want to do?, Places you want to go? something you want to learn? Write it down, make a list, share it and perhaps you will enjoy the sense of accomplishment that comes from checking it off your list. Remember, it is not punishment if you can’t complete all the dreams, it is only important to have a dream.
Here are a couple of photos of bucket list items that are checked off.